WAFFLE with Java 1.4

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Unfortunately, I have the requirement to use Java 1.4.  I have managed to convert WAFFLE, via the source code, to Java 1.4.  I know that JNA is compatible with Java 1.4, however, the "platform.jar" of JNA appears to not be compatible with Java 1.4.

I get the following error (see below).

I was just curious if there was an older version of the "platform.jar" that would work with both Java 1.4 and the WAFFLE code.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

 

com/sun/jna/platform/win32/Win32Exception (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sun/jna/platform/win32/Win32Exception (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)


Coordinator
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:58 AM

You would have to start by rebuilding JNA's platform.jar for 1.4, http://jna.java.net/. I don't remember why its compatibility was set to 1.5, but I am sure there was a good reason. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Thanks!

I've managed to convert "platform" to Java 1.4, however, I'm getting the following error when running WAFFLE with it:

 

tried to access field com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Secur32$1.class$com$sun$jna$platform$win32$Secur32 from class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Secur32


java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Secur32$1.class$com$sun$jna$platform$win32$Secur32 from class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Secur32
    at com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Secur32.<clinit>(Secur32.java:35)
    at waffle.auth.impl.WindowsCredentialsHandleImpl.initialize(WindowsCredentialsHandleImpl.java:70)
    at waffle.auth.impl.WindowsAuthProviderImpl.acceptSecurityToken(WindowsAuthProviderImpl.java:56)

 

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Looks like I found out what the issue was. Apparently the platform.jar, jna.jar, logging.jar, and waffle-jna.jar were being put into my WEB-INF/lib directory.  I've taken it out of that, and made sure that they were only on the server.

This rectified the issue I was having.  Now its working (well, besides some issues with my authentication, but I'm working on that now).

Thanks again for the assistance.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hello, I have the same constraint: java 1.4.

Can you share your solution please

thank you

carlo

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

See above - rebuild JNA with Java 1.4. 

This project has moved to Github, please don't post here anymore. See https://github.com/dblock/waffle