Waffle working but not kinit

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Hello,

how it is possible that waffle (the spring edition is working), but kinit is not and I get this error

Caused by: KrbException: Identifier doesn't match expected value (906)

And how it is possible that my app with waffle does not need SPN and .keytab file or password? My SPN, keytab should be ok, because I just copied them from ktab command (and if I choose wrong SPN, I ged diffenernt error that keytab does not contain my SPN).

I was desperate with spring-security extensions which I would like to use because usually our target platform is Linux. And as I read waffle is working only on Windows. So I give a try to waffle and it shocked me working.  I'm not sure Kerberos was used because WWW Authenticate : Negotiate packet was send but from IE I received Logged user in plain text (maybe with some token, but I thought user is not send, just the token, and my app has to connect to Kerberos server to get the user). I read many troubleshooting sites on Kerberos but still can't get it working without waffle:D

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I am not sure what to say :) Waffle uses Win32 API, it's just a wrapper. What happens in other software is another story.

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Thank you anyway :)