Configuration with Spring Security Plugin

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Has anyone gotten the WAFFLE spring filter tutorial to work with the spring security plugin for grails?  If the plugin is turned off (i.e. grails.plugins.springsecurity.active = false in Config.groovy) then everything works but with the plugin installed, the WAFFLE spring filter is not used.  If anyone has any experience in getting this to work, that would be great!

BTW:  dblock, great job with WAFFLE.  It does work great.  Kudos to you!

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:19 AM

I am trying to get a grails application secured with spring security and waffle, and so far without any luck. To me it looks like that the waffle logic is never used in the filter chain.

Any pointers to how to get it to work or help in general is greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Sounds like there's two of you :) What's special about grails and how it treats filters? I would start asking the grails community about why a filter (waffle or another) isn't suddenly invoked anymore. I bet it has something to do with the fact that grails, just like rails, wants to control how plugins are executed, where routes go, etc. Maybe we need to write a grails-compatible filter.