Waffle Negotiate still prompts for user/password

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Hi:

I am using waffle negotiate authenticator.

When I run tomcat on localhost. Silent authentication works fine.

When I try to access the application from another computer, I get prompted for user and password.

IE. when i try to access mycomputer:8080/mywebapp from mycomputer I can get in to the application and everything works fine

when I try to access the same link from myothercomputer I get the standard IE prompt saying: "Connecting to mycomputer.domain.com" and prompts me for user and password.

If this helps, when I hit cancel I get redirected to a 401 error page.

I have tried running tomcat with both a local user and a domain admin but I keep getting the same error.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Martin

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM
  1. Check browser settings and that the destination is in the intranet.
  2. Post HTTP trace logs.
  3. Post server-side logs.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I was using eclipse to start/stop tomcat.

Once I started Tomcat as a service rather than through eclipse everything worked fine

Thanks for the quick response though. Waffle is fantastic!

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words. You can really thank the contributors by replying to the are you using Waffle thread when you get a chance.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the kind words. You can really thank the contributors by replying to the are you using Waffle thread when you get a chance.

Sep 8 at 4:56 PM
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I am testing demo project : waffle-negociate. When i reach localhost:8080/ it asks me login/password. I want it to make it work in Single Sign on.

Thank you.