waffle through proxy server?

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:17 AM

on my internet explorer, i set browse the web through proxy. then i try to access web app that usign waffle+spring to authenticate user. i get a 'blank page'  does that happen to anyone else as well? error 'internet explorer cannot display the web page'

without going to through proxy, work fine.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM

First, get IEHttpHeaders and post the entire client-server conversation. That will clear what's going underneath and why you get a blank page.

I definitely think that there's a problem somewhere in regards to NTLM (seems to work for Kerberos). This thread has a similar story and an issue. NTLM is a connection-based protocol and going through a proxy may look like a man-in-the-middle attack to the server (the client claims to go from connection A, but connection B is made, which makes SSPI believe like this is not valid).

1. Does this proxy work for another server that has IIS on it and requires authentication?
  2. Compare the working and non-working requests. Maybe there's a proxy-something header that Waffle is supposed to add when it sees that a connection is made from a proxy.