spring-security 2.0.4

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM

i try to run on spring security 2.0.4 but fail for some unresolve classes. Is the requirement to run is using spring-security-web 3 above?

Sep 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM

it seem to required  authenticationEntryPoint that only available in  version 3 spring-security-web

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Yes. Waffle 1.3 is compiled with Spring-security 3.0. Feel free to contribute a patch that backports it to 2.x, shouldn't be too hard.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM

can elaborate which java files is depending on  spring3? AuthenticationEntryPoint ?

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Sep 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM
cometta wrote:

can elaborate which java files is depending on  spring3? AuthenticationEntryPoint ?

The waffle.spring namespace is dependent on spring. I would start by simply swapping spring-security 3 for spring 2 (ThirdParty/spring and ThirdParty/spring-security) and modifying existing code to work. You can upload that patch - at least people who want spring2 will be able to get a build. Next would be to produce a change that supports both. I created a feature request for all of this.

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:23 AM

i try to change support to spring2, i will post my patch if i success in doing the porting. i encoutered before 3 problems on 3 files

waffle.spring.WindowsAuthenticationToken  : how to change the public Collection<GrantedAuthority> getAuthorities() method -->     public GrantedAuthority[] getAuthorities() {  ?

waffle.spring.NegotiateSecurityFilterEntryPoint : how to change this method public void commence(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response,
            AuthenticationException ex)  --> public void commence(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, AuthenticationException arg2)   ?

waffle.spring.WindowAuthenticationProvide : public boolean supports(Class<? extends Object> authentication) --> public boolean supports(Class arg0)   ?

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:59 AM

i did the changes to the code . i uploaded at http://drop.io/x9cbfef  to share with those that need to use spring 2 .  please also correct me if my changes were wrong.  i did the testing, look fine.

beside changes to the above code,  in applicationcontext, i change

<bean id="waffleNegotiateSecurityFilter" class="waffle.spring.NegotiateSecurityFilter">
        <security:custom-filter  position="AUTHENTICATION_PROCESSING_FILTER" />

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Thank you for the patch. I've poked around trying to build something with both Spring 2 and 3, but that seems like too much work. I would have to split projects, etc. I created a branch, https://waffle.svn.codeplex.com/svn/branches/spring-security-2 instead with.

• Your patch, thank you.
    • Some notes on patch (for next time):
      • make sure the whole project compiles and tests succeed before you send a patch - i had to make several change in unit tests
      • use SVN and do an svn update first (there more more recent changes from 1.4)
      • make an SVN patch, not a zip of .java files - it allows to cleanly merge changes
  • spring-framework-2.5.6.SEC02
  • spring-security-2.0.5
  • updated docs

I made a 1.4-spring-security-2 build here.

Thanks for the good work.