JUnit test failing

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM
I have run the JUnit test of Waffle and 7 of the 59 tests is failing. See also the bug item http://waffle.codeplex.com/workitem/8925. Do you expected this?
  • waffle.servlet.NegotiateSecurityFilterTests.testNegotiate(NegotiateSecurityFilterTests.java:165) -- Cause is a non English system
  • expected:<:1[]> but was:<:1[5]> at waffle.util.NtlmServletRequestTests.testGetConnectionId(NtlmServletRequestTests.java:9)
  • waffle.apache.NegotiateAuthenticatorTests.testNegotiate(NegotiateAuthenticatorTests.java:207) -- Cause is a non English system
  • waffle.apache.MixedAuthenticatorTests.testPostSecurityCheck(MixedAuthenticatorTests.java:182)
  • waffle.servlet.NegotiateSecurityFilterTests.testNegotiate(NegotiateSecurityFilterTests.java:165) -- Cause is a non English system
  • expected:<0> but was:<5> at waffle.windows.auth.WindowsAuthProviderTests.testLogonUser(WindowsAuthProviderTests.java:50)
  • expected:<0> but was:<5> at waffle.windows.auth.WindowsAuthProviderTests.testImpersonateLoggedOnUser(WindowsAuthProviderTests.java:68)
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2010 at 3:11 PM

The JVM crash in unit tests is known as http://waffle.codeplex.com/workitem/8771, i've closed your bug as duplicate. I have spent a lot of time on it, but wasn't able to find the root cause.

• The failures that return 5 are E_ACCESSDENIED, which means that you're not running tests as the machine's administrator. The tests create and delete a local account so logon can be tested.
  • I don't understand what you mean by "cause is a non-english system", can you please explain?

Thx
-dB.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:45 PM
You test of the group "Everyone" but this group is named in German "Jeder". That I think that the test run currently only on English systems. But this is not a problem for me. I will look in if the other test run as a administrator account. Sorry for the duplicate bug ticket but the title seems not to match the crash problem. Do you have see this crash only in this test? The bug seems more jna library. The jna should work with a __try __except block. I will look in the test if I find time for it.
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Though i only see the crash in tests, i think there's a real bug. I just wasn't able to find it.

Makes sense for the everyone test. Hier in Amerika wir kennen nur Englisch ;) i will think of a nice way to fix it. Feel free to send a patch too - maybe lookup the group by sid first.

Sent from my Windows® phone.

Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 12:45 PM
To: dB. <dblock@dblock.org>
Subject: Re: JUnit test failing [waffle:218328]

You test of the group "Everyone" but this group is named in German "Jeder". That I think that the test run currently only on English systems. But this is not a problem for me. I will look in if the other test run as a administrator account. Sorry for the duplicate bug ticket but the title seems not to match the crash problem. Do you have see this crash only in this test? The bug seems more jna library. The jna should work with a __try __except block. I will look in the test if I find time for it.
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM
The bug seems more jna library. The jna should work with a __try __except block. I will look in the test if I find time for it.

This would just be hiding the problem rather than fixing it. 

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:27 PM
dblock wrote:
The bug seems more jna library. The jna should work with a __try __except block. I will look in the test if I find time for it.

Not hiding. It can throw an exception. A exception can be handle. A sporadic exception is not a problem. But a crash is fatal for a server application.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Its a bad idea. Something wrote beyond boundaries of memory it owned. You continue with unknown side effects that could be worse.

Sent from my Windows® phone.

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 12:27 PM
To: dB. <dblock@dblock.org>
Subject: Re: JUnit test failing [waffle:218328]

dblock wrote:

Not hiding. It can throw an exception. A exception can be handle. A sporadic exception is not a problem. But a crash is fatal for a server application.